Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

jorst
Lv 4
jorst asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Dog owners Help?

I have a 10 year old jack russel terrier. I'm taking him to the vet this week to get his shots. He hasn't seen a vet in about two years.

I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. Anyone have any idea at what kind of bill I'm looking at? Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

120 dollars or so-why don't you ask the vet before you go in?

If money is a concern, tell him/her you need to keep the cost down and focus on the essentials.

If money is a real concern, check out Petsmart or Petco low cost animal clinics.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe $100-$120, at least that's what it would be for one of mine here in CA. Genrally you pay for the vet visit, then full retail for the shots. Sometimes they have a shot package that reduces the cost. There are also shot clinics sometimes at larger pet and feed stores, check around. Shots at shot clinics are quite a bit cheaper, and you don't pay for a vet visit. You also don't have time to discuss things with the vet so if you needed something else a shot clinic won't work.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, I would say less that $100. I live in south Ala, I woulld guess about $60 here. But-talk to the vet, tell them you are on a budgit. In some clinics the vets do a lot of unnecessary stuff cause that think you will not complain.

Just tell them-just the basics.

• 1 decade ago

I'd check around- here in UT/ID, it's about $35 for the office visit, then they add on the shots. Some offices may have a package deal, some don't, but it's usually $60-$70 for everything. I'd suggest calling around. Let them know what you're looking for, get some quotes.

Thanks for vetting your dog!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would call around and get some price quotes. When I lived there, there was an excellent vet, and the prices very reasonable... sorry, it's been a long time and can't remember who it was. My guess is that you could be looking at $75 yo $150 tho.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Call around and ask for their prices. I just moved to a new state and called a bunch of places and then just took my dogs to Petco vet clinic. It cost me $75 each that included rabies and heart worm blood test.

• 1 decade ago

Approximately $50.00 or less if you go to a PETSMART store. In the future always take the dog yearly if possible. They often suffer from ailments that we won;t be aware of. Especially females. Yeast infections, Urinary Tract infections.............

• 1 decade ago

fifty to a hundred bucks. you're looking at an office visit, each shot, and probably a senior health profile.

• 1 decade ago

well it depends on what kind of shots but i would think 60-120 $

but then again it depends on what kind of shots

• 1 decade ago

god be with you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.