jorst
jorst asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Dog owners Help?

I have a 10 year old jack russel terrier. I'm taking him to the vet this week to get his shots. He hasn't seen a vet in about two years.

I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. Anyone have any idea at what kind of bill I'm looking at? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

120 dollars or so-why don't you ask the vet before you go in?

If money is a concern, tell him/her you need to keep the cost down and focus on the essentials.

If money is a real concern, check out Petsmart or Petco low cost animal clinics.

Maybe $100-$120, at least that's what it would be for one of mine here in CA. Genrally you pay for the vet visit, then full retail for the shots. Sometimes they have a shot package that reduces the cost. There are also shot clinics sometimes at larger pet and feed stores, check around. Shots at shot clinics are quite a bit cheaper, and you don't pay for a vet visit. You also don't have time to discuss things with the vet so if you needed something else a shot clinic won't work.

Yeah, I would say less that $100. I live in south Ala, I woulld guess about $60 here. But-talk to the vet, tell them you are on a budgit. In some clinics the vets do a lot of unnecessary stuff cause that think you will not complain.

Just tell them-just the basics.

I'd check around- here in UT/ID, it's about $35 for the office visit, then they add on the shots. Some offices may have a package deal, some don't, but it's usually $60-$70 for everything. I'd suggest calling around. Let them know what you're looking for, get some quotes.

Thanks for vetting your dog!!!

I would call around and get some price quotes. When I lived there, there was an excellent vet, and the prices very reasonable... sorry, it's been a long time and can't remember who it was. My guess is that you could be looking at $75 yo $150 tho.

Call around and ask for their prices. I just moved to a new state and called a bunch of places and then just took my dogs to Petco vet clinic. It cost me $75 each that included rabies and heart worm blood test.

Approximately $50.00 or less if you go to a PETSMART store. In the future always take the dog yearly if possible. They often suffer from ailments that we won;t be aware of. Especially females. Yeast infections, Urinary Tract infections.............

fifty to a hundred bucks. you're looking at an office visit, each shot, and probably a senior health profile.

well it depends on what kind of shots but i would think 60-120 $

but then again it depends on what kind of shots

god be with you