Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

What is the best digital for baby/children pictures in the $350 range?

I just bought a Canon A710 IS, but have not yet opened it. I want to take pictures of my new grandson. I have a Sony Cibershot I do not like, too much of a delay for pictures of people.

Favorite Answer

The Canon SD800IS is an extremely nice camera. 7.1 megapixels and Image Stablization which will help in low light. You can usually get it on sale for around $350. It is usually around $400.

Pick a nice digital camera that has the flash as far away from the lens as you can get in that price range. Especially if the baby has blue eyes. You will get a lot of red eye indoors, so if you can afford a camera that has a separate 'Shoe" for the flash you will like it much better. For outdoor use almost any digital camera on the market today will give you nice pictures.Make sure you pick lovely backgrounds and you will be pleased. Try a Canon or Nikon for ease of use and beautiful "Amateur" pictures

Source(s): Just experience

Maybe you can twitch the size the photo is being taken, it may speed the process up a bit. A shame to hear it cause I am a Sony fan. A great piece of software that helps tremendously the storing, organizing and retrieving process of the thousands of inages in our hard disk is a great and user friendly product by google called Picasa. The best thing its Free. You can even straighten slanted pictures and make a screensaver with it from your images. Download this easy to use digital imaging software @ http://www.geocities.com/lcming/Digitalphotography

Source(s): Download this easy to use digital imaging software free @ http://www.geocities.com/lcming/Digitalphotography

Again, I say this to everyone!!!! Get a Canon!!! Your Canon you have now will do nicley but if you need another camera go to this site!!! They sell kits and cameras for cheap prices!!!

I agree with first poster, get a Canon!

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

the canon 710 is is an awsome camera ... it should do great

try the fuji film s5200, #1 on pcworld's advanced camera list....$269 at ritz.com

Source(s): www.pcworld.com www.ritz.com

any camera with a high pixel and stablization