Why are people obsessed with Saddam's death? He's dead, let it go.?

Favorite Answer

He tried to kill my daddy!

Demonstrating the kind of apathetic, cold disregard for anyone's death as you are demonstrating toward Saddam's death is extremely dangerous. Of course, we all should reflect on the death of this tyrant and his role in history (past and current affairs). Saddam was a very deplorable human being that ordered the slaughter of thousands. He should have been held to account for these atrocities. I support the death penalty and therefore I agree with the sentence assigned to Saddam. It is agreeable that Saddam is dead and I can live with this new reality. However, I will never let his death go. Such an attitude shows an utter lack of appreciation for history and the course of political and foreign affairs. Saddam's death is a satisfactory development; however, it will NEVER change the objective wrongness of the current Iraq War. It will NOT decrease violence and it certainly will NOT stop the senseless deaths of our men and women in uniform as well as innocent Iraqi residents and citizens in what is now a CLEAR and OBVIOUS civil war. Indeed, everyone should remember Saddam's death for it may be the ONLY good thing to come out of this deplorable war and what a sad truth that will be. Was 3000 (and counting) American military deaths worth it? I think not!!!

It is a huge release for a lot of people who suffered under Saddam's Socialist regime. They now know that Saddam can never return, cannot beat the rap and be freed again.

I personally have put Saddam behind me. Still, I am mindful of those who were directly touched by this event and all those events that led up to it.

I think that people are so obsessed with it, (myself included) because it is such a huge turning point in the history of mankind. I mean, we kill a man for killing people. George Bush has killed more people than Saddam did, yet he will never be held accountable for his crimes. He claims that life is precious, yet he sent more people to death than any other Governor of Texas. He is a joke of a person. He is a puppet of the Cheney regime.

Those 3000 american guys are dead and 300,000 civilians Iraqis too

So? Let it go?

The question is what they died for. I am not for Saddam. He is from another world for me. I am not muslim.

And how about those who were injured? How long will they be able to live? 1-2 years?

I know tht if I lived over there I'm sure it would be a big weight off my shoulders. I think that most people are still in shock and they just can't beleive that he is really gone.

It appears that somethings one celebrates longer than others! Since he was connected to deaths of many of his countrymen/woman/and children and to financial support of 9/11, it is hard to let it go without a long celebration, even by the most meek! His own judged him and rightly so...

Because for a certain group of people he was their hero and until they can tie his hanging to Washington they won't let it go.I agree, President Ford passed away and no one is talking about that.

the liberals lost their best friend, (next to that chavez guy), and are still pissed that Bush was even able to start the war in the first place.

i personally am glad that he's gone, but i have to admit, its not over yet.

The liberals lost a good friend