KM asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Haircut help:bangs?

I have hair thats about 6 inches past the top of my shoulders. It's dark reddish brown and rather fine textured. It's straight-wavy depending on if I blow dry it straight or not, and its not really styled at all. I am 13. My question is does anybody have any ideas for bangs. I don't want bangs that lie straight and flat across my forehead, I'd rather some variety. Maybe sideswept bangs or the "emo" look, as it is labeled (short dark hair with bangs that lie in the eyes a bit and are swept to the side). I want to keep my length. I have fair skin and brown eyes, if that makes a difference.

I know I should have included face shape but I'm really not sure what I am. I think I'm oval shaped though, thats what it seems like, but my chin is narrower than my forehead so....heart shaped? not sure

Favorite Answer

Well what you should have told us is what face shape you have. That makes all the differents. But since you didn't ill have to list them all

Heart shaped face --part your bangs off-center.

Oval Face--Wear your bangs long--past eyebrows.

Round Face--Part your bangs right in the center.

Square Face Add laters around your jaw

ALL HAIR TYPES!!--Layer the edges of you bangs for a piece-y look!

My hair is pretty much like yours, same color and wavy texture, mine is just a tad thicker. I recently got my hair cut too keeping the length and getting some bangs cut. Bang style does rely on the shape of your face, but a good hair stylist will tell you what will work for you.

My favorite style of bangs is one that I can side sweep away from my face. So nothing too short or too long. If you wanna wear them more as a bang you can do that as well (just brush them downward over your forehead). If one day you choose to wear them back, you can use some hairspray and spray or pin them back for another look.

Overtime if your bangs get too long, a good hair stylist will trim them for you for free or for $5. It's sometimes easier to let them maintain your bangs for you.

• Sharyn

First of all, NEVER cut your own bangs. If you get regular trims, I'm sure your stylist can add bangs. If your bangs are getting long and unruly, most stylists will do a bang job for $5-$20.

Source(s): Personal Experience

yea i got bangs sweeping to the left i love them!