Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Dose anyone know any songs that will help you stop committing suicide?

I need a song that will help me stop thinking about killing myself--please help me!!!

Favorite Answer

Before I give you an actual answer, please understand, this is coming from someone who suffers from depression and has had suicidal thoughts in the past.

Most people who commit suicide (or try to) have reached a point where they can't be reasoned with. They've convinced themselves their lives aren't worth living, and usually that the world would be better of without them. That's just not the case, but in the state of severe depression like that, emotions usually over-rule reason. Various things can help if you have rare thoughts of suicide, but either way, songs, talking to friends, even trying to count your blessings are not always effective, so the best bet is always to speak to someone who can help you as a professional, since it's what they do regularly. Seek counseling through church, a support group, your physician, a psychiatrist/psychologist, and/or a behavioral health center. Putting yourself into the hands of professionals can help you live not only a longer life, but a happier life.

There is nothing shameful, weak, or weird about seeking help, and while those of us on here can try to offer "band-aids for the soul", only your doctor or counselor can work with you on the deep issues and help you learn to cope on a long-term basis.

Okay.

Because of You (Kelly Clarkson) - Most people who commit suicide have some belief that the people they love would be better off without them. I don't know that this song is actually about committing suicide, but I think it shows a similar feeling of a person who is left behind when a loved one kills themself. The song reflects the way the people who were left behind ("for their own good," as the person who committed suicide claims) have changed lives, but the change is definately not for the better.

What Hurts the Most (Rascal Flatts) - it's the same kind of thing as the first. The chorus is "What hurts the most was being so close, and having so much to say, and having you walk away, and never knowing what could of been, and not seeing, not loving you, that's what I was trying to do." It doesn't really talk about suicide, but that's a feeling that most people have when left behind.

No More (from Into the Woods) -

No more questions. Please.

No more tests.

Comes the day we say "What for?"

Please.

No more.

------

They disappoint, they disappear, they die but they don't

They disappoint in turn, I fear, forgive, though we won't.

------

No more riddles.

No more tests.

No more curses you can't undo

Left by fathers you never knew.

No more quests.

No more feelings.

Time to shut the door.

No more.

--------

Running away, let's do it.

Free from the ties that bind.

No more dispair or burdens to bear

Out there in the yonder.

Running away, go to it.

Where did you have in mind?

Have to take care, unless there's a "where"

You'll only be wandering blind.

Just more questions -- different kind.

Where are we to go?

Where are we ever to go?

Running away, let's do it.

Why sit around resigned?

Trouble is, son,

The farther your run,

The more you feel undefined

By what you have left undone.

And more, what you've left behind.

We disappoint, we disappear,

We die but we don't.

We disappoint, we disappear,

Forget, though we won't.

Like father, like son.

------

No more giants waging war.

Can't we just pursue our lives

With our children and our wives

Til that happier day arrives....

How do you ignore all the witches?

All the curses? All the wolves,

All the lies, the false hopes,

The goodbyes, the reverses?

All the wondering what even worse

Is still in store?

All the children.....

All the giants......

No more.

I include this song, which I admit could sound like encouragement to commit suicide when taken out of context, to show the line "We disappoint, we disappear, we die but we don't." If you commit suicide, you're not gone. You're haunting the people who do love you, and often leaving them to go through some very difficult feelings of the typical grief topped by anger, confusion or resentment.

In my own experiences, finally realizing that I would be hurting people much more by killing myself than by being here was the most effective "over the counter" tool to keep me from thinking about suicide.

I hope you can see that you can make your life better, rather than ending it when it's bad right now.

Best of luck to you, and you'll be in my prayers.

It's a new year my friend, dont give up now you never know what's in store for you. Life is full of possibility's, killing yourself ends all that.

You Get What You Give

New Radicals

Wake up kids

We've got the dreamers disease

Age fourteen

They got you down on your knees

So polite

You're busy still saying please

Frenemies

Who when you're down ain't your friend

Every night

We smash their mercedes-benz

First we run

And then we laugh 'til we cry

But when the night is falling

And you cannot find the light

If you feel your dream is dying

Hold tight

You've got the music in you

Don't let go

You've got the music in you

One dance left

This world is gonna pull through

Don't give up

You've got a reason to live

Can't forget

We only get what we give

Four a.m. we ran the miracle mile

We're flat broke

But hey we do it in style

The bad rich

God's flying in for your trial

But when the night is falling

And you cannot find a friend

You feel your tree is breaking

Just bend

You've got the music in you

Don't let go

You've got the music in you

One dance left

The world is gonna pull through

Don't give up

You've got a reason to live

Can't forget

We only get what we give

This whole damn world can fall apart

You'll be ok follow your heart

You're in harms way I'm right behind

Now say you're mine

You've got the music in you

Don't let go

You've got the music in you

One dance left

The world is gonna pull through

Don't give up

You've got a reason to live

Can't forget

We only get what we give

Don't let go

I feel the music in you

Fly high

What's real can't die

You only get what you give

You're gonna get what you give

Just don't be afraid to leave

Health insurance rip off lying

FDA big bankers buying

Fake computer crashes dining

Cloning while they're multiplying

Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson

Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson

You're all fakes run to your mansions

Come round here we'll kick your asses

Kyle, you need to call 911 and/or the National Suicide Hotline. BELIEVE ME, I'VE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE!!! I was quite depressed and suicidal the first couple of weeks of this year (2006) Actually, I went through several months where I was quite depressed, but we're talking about YOU!!

DEFINITELY CALL 911 and let them know that you are feeling suicidal!! I turned my mental health around this year due to the right psychiatrist and medication. You may or may not need medication, but you should DEFINITELY talk to a psychiatrist!!!!

Having said all of that, I can think of a good anti-suicide song: The New Radicals, "You Get What You Give".

Source(s): My own battle with depression.

Run, don't walk to the nearest phone and the toll free number

for suicide. Set up an appointment to talk with a counselor and

tell as many friends as possible about your thoughts. Talk to family and clergy person as well. Get a support group going.

Get off of here and call that 1 800 number locate in the front

of your phone book. Do this now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I would say that listening to music is not the best choice if you're thinking about suicide... I would talk to someone.

I will suggest a song though. Listen to Cheer Up by Reel Big Fish. It has a nice name and it's just good all around! I absolutely love that song!

Sugar, a song usually cant make you stop thinking about killing yourself. I know you've probably heard this from hundred of other people, but talk to someone. It doesnt matter who- unless they're going to tell you to go a head and do it. DONT. You're better than that. You have more than that to prove. I'm sorry, but I dont have a good song to tell you. All I listen to is country, and everyone I talk to doesnt like country. But if you really want to think hard, contact me and I will.

the seconod asnwere is right Hold on by Good Charlotte is one that i use when i want to end it all. It has helped me numerous time, and i am still alive here today! just listen to it when u are felling down and memorize it when u are not near a song source sing it out loud or in ur head, especlliy the chorus, and u will be felling better!

Source(s): years of depperssion and sucidal thoughts, but NO MORE!

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Love Rollercoaster

also...

Backstreet boys - Larger than Life

We are the Champions - Queen

Imagine - John Lennon

You might feel really bad now but I guarantee you will be happy in the future! Remember what it's like to be happy!

"He's watching over you" by Michelle Tumes

"You are loved" by Rebecca St. James

And please seek some counseling right away from a youth pastor at a church! Please don't kill yourself...you've got everything to live for. Killing yourself for momentary solace will only produce a lifetime of torment in hell. Give Jesus a chance. He loves you more than you can even dream. You know he died on the cross for your sins, and right now he's probably shedding a tear or two because he does not like to see you suffer.

Save Me - Remy Zero

The Lord Works in a Strange Way - Corey Smith

All in All - Life house

And Babe, don't do it. We've all been there, but I'm sure if you really think about it , you can find a million reasons why you should live. God Bless You!!