Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Moving to England?

In a couple years and I want to know what cities/towns are good areas to live in.

Favorite Answer

oh well london is the ultimate, theres so much to see and do... but its very expensive.

up north, like manchester is a bit cheaper and apparently very friendly.

birmingham is quite central but has more rural areas than london and so cheaper places to live.

canterbury isnt too far from london, and not far from dover if you fancy trips to france!

brighton is by the sea and theres loads to do, and its generally a nice area.

hope this helps you a bit!

England is very expensive. You can expect to pay about 1500 pounds a month for a flat with roommates rental in London. That's about 2800 U.S. per month.

I would stay in Leeds.

I moved from Manchester to Arizona, but Manchester, and Northern towns are very friendly

AS ANYWHERE, PLACES DIFFER, EAST ANGLIA, HAS SOME LOVELY TOWNS, I WORK ALL OVER THE UK, AND FIND THIS AREA, THE FRIENDLIEST, NORWICH, IPSWICH, BURY ST EDMUNDS, STOWMARKET, SUDBURY, EVEN CAMBRIDGE

I want to go there to!

i dont like England period.....

Source(s): experiance