Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificSingapore · 1 decade ago

Do you have more hate or love for Singapore ???

there are 1001 complains by singaporeans about the govt being too restrictive, too "artificial", too many red tapes....list goes on....

yet many people luv it for the security, education, tourism haven etc etc......

Favorite Answer

i love all the good food at

old airport road food center

old airport road food center

Excellent question. I think there are more "loves" for Singapore despite the constant complaining by Singaporeans. The government cannot cater to just one small segment of never-happy WOGs and their likes. It would be great if the disgruntled can detail the specifics: how life is restrictive; too artificial; red tapes etc

I like Singapore. Then again, I was born, and raised there for most of my life.

The only problem I have with the government is the bubble gum ban. >.> I never stuck my bubble gum on elevator buttons or anywhere besides a trashcan.

I like how safe it is in Singapore and how clean and nice it is. And the good food. The education system is a bit... stressful... But good, nonetheless.

Anyway, I love Singapore more than I hate it.

• I have been in Singapore for few years and I can say I love Singapore although Singapore is not perfect as there is no perfect one in the world.

Singapore is a best place to live, work and play.

the pap govt is not perfect. but which other govt in the world is? the supposed utopian concept of communism has crumbled over the past half decade and those still surviving and just fronts for capitalism.

singaporeans tend to complain too much. if they aren't happy and they can't change anything, then stop complaining. if it really gets on your nerves, then migrate or something!

• Erika

I even have considered many people who used to assert Singaporean as KIA SU (afraid of dropping) human beings, yet i think of people who make such feedback are people who lacks self esteem. perhaps this may well be seen as hating Singapore. on the different area, many too commented Singapore as an extremely secure us of a the place the punishment for wrongdoing is very harsh, in my opinion i think of such harsh equipment in direction of criminals is a sturdy one.

• otter2

I stayed in Singapore for four years under employment pass, ( I was born and raised in the Philippines) . Now Im living here in Canada with my family. I'd say, there's no perfect government, no perfect society, no perfect people. Nevertheless, I'd say that in those four years of my stay, I learned to love Singapore. I have a strong admiration for its government and its people. Many frown upon Singapore's strict imposition of laws and regulations but for me I'd say it has been the key to it's development.

As I was reading I realized that it sounded a lot like the USA: artificial, too much red tape... except that the USA has poor education.

I guess my answer would be live and let live

LOVE <3

Singapore is great but the people are pathetic always moaning and whinging, you have no idea how lucky you lot are.