Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does tablet size make significant differences in quality of digital art work?

We are trying to decide between a 4x6 or a 6x8 Wacom Intuos3 tablet. What are the differences between sizes besides price?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The differences should be fairly small. Of course because each part of the tablet has a corresponding part of the screen to match, the larger tablet should be a slightly more accurate but its nothing noticeable.

If your looking for something that you can take with you, maybe you have a smaller desk. Go for the smaller one.

If your want a little more room to play with and more room to draw on, the 6x8 is a good choice.

They both have 1024 levels of pressure.

I am borrowing a Intuos3 6x11 and its just to big for my desk.

A little cumbersome and gets in the way of the keyboard.

When I get one, I will probably end up getting the 4x6, the 6x8 if I can afford it.

I really like the one that I'm working with right now.

It's great.

Look at what the wacom web site has to say.

There is a "which tablet is right for me" portion of the site.

http://www.wacom.com/tabletwizard/index.cfm

Good Luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.