My Computer Suddenly Running Slow ?

My Computer is not running as ussual, i think the Windows XP startup is slower, sometimes its super slow depending on each time i turn on my PC, so i have to restart it, i think when i open the browser for the 1st time it takes time. i have a PC Game, Need for Speed Carbon Collector's Edition, i know my PC runs the previous game Most Wanted not smoothly, when i Installed Carbon im sure its suppose to be like Most Wanted but some audio in Carbon sometimes repeats and sometimes exits it self, it hangs when i exit it, when i tried playing Most Wanted, its the same, but Most Wanted doesn't have repeating audio before. I will format my PC when Windows Vista is released . By the way, this is my PC specs, tell me if any of this is not enough to run Need for Speed Carbon, and future games .

- Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.0 Ghz

- Nvidia GeForce 6600

- 1 GB RAM

- 200 GB HDD .

I don't think its actually slow, its more like its running Normally, but slows down depending on the program im running.

• A: Ken
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like you have badware. To clean your computer, follow these steps.

1. Download adaware from http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html.

2. Install adaware and run it at least once to update the definition files.

3. Download and install spybot S&D from

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000...

4. Install SpyBot and run it at least once to update the program.

5. Restart your computer, and hit F8 before the Windows loading screen comes up.

6. Select Safe Mode.

7. Run Adaware and SpyBot in safe mode to ensure a clean system of spyware and adware.

If you have any problems or need help with any directions feel free to contact me,

Ken

Start up maybe slow due to a few things

- Anti Virus program scanning your system

- to many background programs running at start up

Click Start > Run

Type in msconfig

Click the start up tab. Uncheck programs you don't want to run at start up. Be careful. You don't want turn off something you need.

Game/program running slow?

Could be a couple of things.

- DirectX issues

- Sounds card drivers need updating.

- Your system does not meet the game specs. Try turning down the in game graphics.

- Is your system over heating? CPU and video card over heating can lag your system

Always scan your system for virus and spyware.

If it's plugged into a 115V outlet, you can change the plug on the power cord, and plug it into a 230V outlet. That will make it run twice as fast. Also, if you do other things while you're using the computer (like eat snacks, talk on the phone), it will SEEM like your computer is faster than it is. That's actually why Intel is in the 'chip' business. They want people to think their cpus are really fast, so they are trying to get everyone to snack on their chips while they use the computer.

I recommend the use of the tool: http://www.neosoft-tools.com/windows-startup-manag...

It disables any startup programs and fully controls startup by selecting the programs to be launched, while customizing the startup settings (ie how often and when programs should be launched, etc).

if your hard drive is over cluttered that might be contributing to it, so run a disk clean up, if still no joy, i'd do a system reastore to the last known good configuration, if nothing else, find a sledge hammer, pickaxe or obejt that would damage it.

• Your running alot of appz, try modifying your strartup folder or get startup mechanic.

John

A+ Certified

maybe it has virus spy ware virus u should buy a CD in walmart that says spy sweeper

• ?

OMG Nooooooooooo...

say it ain't so!