Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Belkin G wireless problem?

The signal strength is very good and remains so, but the Mps. are getting lower and lower, this started 2 wks. ago. The wired computer at the router is fine, tried a reset, moving antenna ect , but no help, any ideas???

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just because your wireless card states the MBPS is a certain number does not mean it is connected at that. Belkin is not a ver good wireless router not are their wireless cards. I would go with linksys or cisco products

• 1 decade ago

I am a novice but did you try deleting your wireless software and pulling out the wireless card and reinstalling the whole thing?

That would be my next step.

I have the same hardware you have and have been totally satisfied so far with it.

Have you read the CD-ROM Manual?

• 1 decade ago

is your wireless open? slowdowns are mostly caused by neighbors hijacking your signal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.