JO K asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 1 decade ago

The New years eve bombing in Bangkok, is it still safe to go?

HI, My name is Jo and I am travelling to Bangkok on the 7th Jan and ill be staying for one week. I have been looking forward to this trip for ages and now I am wondering if it is really safe to go!

I am travelling by myself and I don't know anyone over there.

If there are any Aussies staying in Bangkok or going over on the same day please let me know.

Or if anyone has any info to stop me freaking out that would be great.

Cheers

Jo

• Jim G
    Favorite Answer

I live outside of Bangkok. From what I have been able to get from the news reports it is still safe to travel here but would as an advisory suggest your embassy's webiste for travel warnings. The speculation at this point is that the bombings were in retaliation for the September coup d' etat. My personal opinion is that if you keep a fairly low profile you should not have any problems.

Enjoy your trip!

BTW, you shuould not have any trouble finding other Aussies or native English speaking folks here.

• lot

unquestionably? How stupid do you get once you're under the impact of alcohol? in case you do not drink a lot, and you have not had problems the different locations you have been, you would be at no better threat right here. in case you're right here to flow to Thailand as you're saying, then it is going to likely be incredibly risk-free. i could ward off going to the three southern-maximum provinces, yet everywhere else could be fantastic. purely use common experience. Cheers, and have a good holiday.

The bombs were not aimed at tourists and they didn't explode near tourist areas. There is no reason not to come at all. Bombs explode everywhere around the world nowadays.

Bamma Aborigine living in Bangkok. Bamma say he show you around. Bamma say if you don't mind good looking man. Bamma say he in hiding. Bamma say be risky being seen with him. Bamma say no worries at all. Bamma say no more bombing for two months. Bamma say he artist. Bamma say he this good. http://www.imagesofeyes.com/images/levin3.jpg

Bamma no blame you for ignoring Bamma. Bamma say he speak 14 language but only know bye in 3. Bamma no like goodbyes. Bamma say no eat the beef. Bamma otta know.