Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How much revenue does a hotel typically generate?

I am checking out different avenues of businesses I might be interested in investing in-- hotels seem to be a high-yeild scenario, although I know there's the typical payroll, compliance, nuisance guests, etc. Does anyone with any kind of experience have info for me about this?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

With today's hot real estate market, owning a hotel is more of a dream than reality. It is not a business that an ordinary citizen can do.

If you really interested in this business, find yourself a job in the hotel industry and lean more about it first.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I work as a front desk clerk at a small 40 unit hotel that is not part of a chain. We are independently owned and operated. My bosses are two of the richest people I've ever met not quite Bill Gates but close. They own I believe two other hotels. Sorry I don't have any exact figures for you but they do very well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.