Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesOther - Car Makes · 1 decade ago

Is Pontiac an American car company?

I'm thinking about getting a car and I do not want an American made car...I would much rather prefer a foreign car.

Favorite Answer

Pontiac .... GM of North America and depending on which model is Made in Canada, North America, Japan and the

Auzzi GTO ...Yes the New GTO is made Down under in Australian-built Holden Monaro plant...

Buy what you like but Keep asking more questions you might find what you like and a Warranty you can live with in any market.

Ford Owns 22 lines of Automakers including Mazda and Jag

So don't count out all American Cars.....

Good Luck with the hunt...

Pontiac is a division of General Motors, which is an American car company. But don't be too quick to write them off. The Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix. Be careful who you listen to. Dodge Man thinks a Pontiac is a car, not a brand.

Source(s): It's scary who they let answer questions here. It's even scarier who people listen to.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is Pontiac an American car company?

Source(s): pontiac american car company: https://tr.im/F7ZKa

General Motors owns Pontiac. If you want some advice for a good foreign car get a Volkswagon. They are excellent cars. I not saying there are other good foreign cars out there. All you have to do is take very good care to it and keep up the maintence and it will never let you down. If you want to buy an expensive car get a Mercedes Benz. Those cars are good quality cars. Have fun making a decision.

Source(s): Have a 2005 Volkswagon Jetta Wagon TDI
  • didieu

Where Are Pontiacs Made

Based on your question you know nothing about cars and cannot distinguish American from foreign. Yet you have decided that you DON'T want an American car but you don't know why. General Motors owns Pontiac and they recently upgraded many of their vehicles with a drivetrain warranty that competes with foreign car makers. You cannot argue against that.

• bobby

Pontiac is a division of General Motors Company. Buy american man, its much cheaper. If you own a foreign car, when you go to get it fixed at a repair shop, they cost twice as much. You have to bite the bullet for the cost of manufacturing replacement parts. Many of the replacement parts has to come from the dealer, and you know when you go there, you have to dig deeper into that wallet. Thats why I got rid of mine.

Source(s): ASE certified master tech, 36 years
  • ?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/2z4HI

Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Ford GMC Hummer Jeep Lincoln Mercury Pontiac Saleen Saturn

Pontiac is General Motors. Sorry, but it is american.

It's owned by the Pontiac Indians. That's were they got the $$$ to build all them casinos. Selling Pontiacs to the palefaces