Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Have you regretted an answer that you gave?

Have you ever answered a serious question in Yahoo! Answers, and later thought about it, and wished that you had answered it differently.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I sometimes think later of a better answer I could have given, but I usually give my answers serious thought before I answer, so I'm almost always happy with the answer I came up with first.

Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I try to always give serious answers but on about 2 occasions I've seen a question that looked like a joke and I've given a joke answer, then later I thought "maybe the person was being serious". The good news is you can always delete an answer, as long as the question hasn't been resolved.

Someone asked the other day "what does it mean when a woman asks if you can keep up with her?", I answered "she either wants you to keep up with her in bed or she wants someone who can jog as fast as her". I went back later and deleted my answer.

• 1 decade ago

Regretted no,maybe a different way to do it once i thought about it more.But the way i give an answer is try to do it completely.Not just a go here and look or a web site.People need detailed help to do thing's even tho some of you think a long answer isnt the way to go.So if you dont want a detailed answer and you want one that you still have to hunt for then dont read mine.Happy New Years.To all .

• 1 decade ago

Sometimes I thought I could have gone into better detail explaining . But, I get chosen a lot for best answer so I guess I am doing OK.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes I was being silly and not meaning to hurt feelings. Guy asked cheapest way to repair hole in floor. I suggested duct tape and a rug. Apparently I offended him which I wish I could take back.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, but I have either edited my answer or deleted my answer. If you delete an answer, you have to give back the 2 points that you got for answering the question, but that's all.

• 1 decade ago

Yes I have thought that before

• 1 decade ago

Yes once and Im glad I did. It was ill thought out. So glad to have that "delete" under our answer..

• 1 decade ago

nah not really theres think I figure more of what I could of said but than again who really is gonna read something long when theirs a bunch of people type answers also you just want your to be short so it can be read...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A couple of times, yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.