Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Alex L asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Best fighters in MMA agree or disagree? see details?

Heavyweight- Fedor Emelianko

Light Heavyweight- Wanderlei Silva

Middleweight- Dan Henderson

Walterweight- Georges St. Pierre

Lightweight- Takanori Gomi

(My Favorite Fighter) Mirko Filipovic

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I was sure I was going to click on your question and see a bunch of TUF fighters listed (only because that's pretty much all you hear about anymore :))! How refreshing!

Good choices, but as someone above stated, I would like to see Liddell vs. Silva - just because Liddell needs someone to give him a good run for his money. As for GSP, his last fight proved just how worthy he is of that belt (and this comes from a big Hughes fan).

P.S. Go Cro Cop! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mostly, but I think Liddell could beat Wanderlei, I'm not saying he would, just saying it would be an even match-up.So I would say they tie in that weight class.

And I still think Frank Shamrock is the best 185lb in the world. better then Hollywood Henderson, eventhough I like Henderson, still think Shamrock takes him.

St. Pieere is debatable also, but he's a safe choice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're talking about Pride FC, then I agree. However, GSP is in UFC, not Pride.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.