Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

How do i get Java to work on my computer?

I have a Window's xp it's a 2002 and i have sbc yahoo for my internet.. can somebody help me????

Favorite Answer

install it

If you are a student and needs to learn java then get the Jee2 from Sun. It is free and poweful. Netbeans can be downloaded from Sun as well and it is an excellent Java Editor to learn Java.

Now if it is not a requiremt try to learn C# and download the free Visual studio 2005 express edition from the microsoft website. C# is powerful and the language of the future , VS2005 makes C# fun to program as well. Good luck hun and email if you have questions.

Joe.

TO run java applets and games or the applications which need java u need to install Java Run Time environment(JRE) and to run code written in java what you need is a Java compiler and Java virtual machine(JVM)which can interpret the bytecode compiled by the java compiler and also you need to use certain packages to be used in your program.Java provides all these in an installation kit called Java Development Kit(JDK).It is a free ware and you can get it for free from the java website,

Any more queries feel free to mail me,

Source(s): http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ The above link is the download link for JDK 6

if u want to do java programming (development), u need java development kit (jdk) to be installed. i haven't used java for years, so may be they call it something else. go to: http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/

If you just need to run java programs such as games, applets, etc on your computer, u need java runtime environment (jre).

www.java.com