promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Saddam's execution was an example of US hypocracy.?

What a hypocritical farce.

Tried and convicted by a kangaroo court appointed by a puppet government.

For crimes he committed in 1982 which Reagan and Bush at the time refused to publicly condemn but instead kept reassuring him that they were close allies.... even after Saddam gassed thousands of Kurds.

But 25 years later it's a big deal... enough to be executed over. Why? because no WMD were found and they needed a scapegoat?

If his crimes were so awful why did Bush offer him amnesty and a chance to live in exile in luxury?

Hypocrites.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The US had nothing to do with Saddam's hanging. Wake up, when was the last time you saw someone in the US sentenced to a good old fashioned hanging? He was tried in an Iraqi court.

Wow, you people try to blame the US for everything don't ya?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

in case you've self assurance in capital punishment as a lot because the countries in which it has not been banned then Saddam's execution is a merely decision. yet nevertheless, the actual incontrovertible truth that the alternative change into taken by the U.S. is an open secret and seeing the perfect way Saddam change into tried -in haste and interior of a short span of time- evidently as if the dad or mum angel of justice has lengthy previous to sleep.

• 1 decade ago

Bush Sr. should never have offered him amnesty. It is a big deal and the Iraqis are in charge anyway. If it was up to the US he'd still be alive and the libbies would be crying for him forever.

• 1 decade ago

I dont understand whats so big deal about his execution. All dictators meet their fate anyway. Some had to do it. If not USA who else? Iran could not do it. Others didnt had guts ( or were too greedy for Iraq's oil)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dstr
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Agree

• ramshi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I never heard anything truer. I wonder, if a journalist asks this question, what would White House' official response would be.

• 1 decade ago

I totally agree with this enlightened post.

• 1 decade ago

Obviously you think we care what a terrorist dictator loving commie thinks.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe they should have let him dig a hole and live in your backyard.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

thats true i mean he was a crimanal but was a human bea i mean come on!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.