Best diaper rash remedies?

I've been using balmex, but it doesnt seem to be working

Favorite Answer

Ok I have tried them all and the best is called Dr Smiths. It can be hard to find, but it comes in a jar or a tube and is worth the search!

A & D is a little medicinal and burned my sons bottom when it was red.

The second best is Boudreuxs Butt Paste. It works almost as well as the Dr Smiths, but I have only seen it in a tube and it is really thick and can be hard to squeeze. And when I am up to my elbows in wiggly baby in pain, ease of use is BIG!

Also switch to wiping with water or Sensitive wipes by Pampers.

Watch how much juice the baby is getting.

And if it just doesn't clear it could be an allergic reaction to the diapers or a yeast infection, so call your Dr.

GOOD LUCK

A product called Domeboro. It is so great! It's actually for skin rashes. Dilute it per directions ( in a container with a lid.) Put cotton balls into the solution until it is all soaked up and just wipe the cottonballs all across the diaper area,even squeeze some of it onto the diaper. It is highly effective. The baby may be uncomfortable when you are applying it because the solution will get cold after it sits.

I thought my son was just having diaper rash but when it wouldn't go away, I found out it was really a yeast infection! I started using an all natural diaper cream from the company California Baby which cures all diaper rash and yeast infections in the diaper area. It contains no harsh or synthetic chemicals so you know it is safe for your baby too.

OMG - My son just had the most horrible rash ever - he was pooping 5-7 times a day and it was all wet and nasty - anyway his rash was so bad his skin was actually breaking open - like an open sore... I was using anything I could think of but nothing was helping so I called the Dr. she told me that it had turned into a type of yeast infection and to go out and buy Lotramin - it's actually for athlete's foot - and to STOP using diaper wipes.. She said to wash him whenever he pooped or to use a wet paper towel.. and the apply the lotramin.. the moment we started using it he stopped crying.. I was so amazed!! It's expensive but it works great!! I threw out all the rest of the Diaper Rash ointments that I had b/c I finally realized that every time I used it on my son he cried, but when i used the Lotramin he didn't.. and it healed up within 2 days... Love it!! Hope this helps..

This is an African American remedy (my husband is black) I have used it on both my children (no they dont have to be black)

Put some corn starch in a frying pan with out any grease or cooking spray, and brown it between low and medium heat. you have to constantly keep moving it or it will burn. Get it to the color of coffee with cream in it and put it on baby's yoo hoo's with out anything else, this will help dry it up.

Also let baby run around pantless/diaperless, I let my baby do it, she peed on the floor once, but got rid of the rash (I left her in the buff for an hour and a half).

Also bathe baby in a warm oatmeal bath, this will sooth the rash.

Dont put anymore creams on, those are made to prevent diaper rash and won't allow it to heal. try the cornstarch thing, Im serious.

Good luck

try to find a diaper that lets more air to the area also change the diaper more frequently Vaseline works well also when you change the baby let em air out for a few minutes (keep a diaper close by just in case)

Baby powder is the only thing that works for my 2 children. Although if it is fungal or a yeast infection you will need prescription diaper rash cream because it will not go away on its own.

Pentenax cream .. Or just plain corn starch everytime you change there diapers instead of baby powder will help with diaper rash..

A friend suggested I use Lansinoh (the breastfeeding balm) on my daughter when she developed a NASTY rash. Believe it or not, the stuff worked! It's safe enough for babies to swallow, so it's surely safe enough to rub on their skin for some protection against rashes. Give it a try!

My youngest was a real problem. It turned out she was allergic to disposable diapers. As soon as I started using cloth diapers the problem went away.