Harry Merkin asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Do you think it would be a good trade for Nabakov (sj) for Lecalavier(tb) ?

Favorite Answer

Not really, San Jose already has a #1 center with Thorton. Yes Tampa needs a goalie, but they can't score goals either. If they trade Lecalavier they better get like 3 guys who can score or send him to the Sens for one of their top guys.

No idea who Nabakov or Lecalavier are. But no way TB would trade Lecavalier for Nabokov as contracts would not work out in the cap era. I can see TB needing a goalie but where would Lecav play...as #3 center behind Thornton and Marleau. That's a hefty contract to play a third line center. Not gonna happen, dude.

No way. The way things are in the league right now, it's easier to find a #1 goalie than it is to find a guy who can put in 40 to 50 goals a season. Plus Nabakov might not even be the #1 goalie on his team.

Well I don't know either of their contract status, but I think it would be a good trade for both teams. The Lightning would get the goaltending they need and the Sharks would get another Star player.

I'm a Bruins fan and I still don't like the Thornton trade so maybe the Lightning should learn from the Bruins mistake and not trade Lecavalier.

Quality goalies are abundant in the NHL, but a franchise player like Lecavalier only comes around every so often. Just ask Boston if they would do the Thornton trade all over again.

Yes

good for the sharks because they still would have a great netminder, (who would love to play a lot more than he is now) then to get a guy like lecavalier would put them over the top.

NO