Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why does she want to see me?

I really like a woman but she told me she "needed some time to get her life together" because she's just come out of a bad relationship and is not yet interested in jumping into a new one.

A month later she asked me if I was dating someone special. I said no. She said I would like to call me on a personal level every once in a while and called me once a week for a month. When I told her that I got out of a relationship a while back and she says oh, then you are just like me. I tell her “no” I do date and I dated a while back. Instead of saying she was ready to date she then said “I expect that you would“. Three days later she told me she liked me and wanted me to come to work meeting but then said it wasn’t like we could go out together because we lived too far away.

Favorite Answer

She's unsure of herself. She's giving herself an out with the too far excuse. If you really are interested, tell her you want to try and are willing to work with the distance issue. No pressure, just to see how it goes.