promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What's the point to this whole dumb stupid Yahoo answers for? I mean you don't get a reward or money for

getting to the next level, I mean this is so stupid, what's the point to it?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its jsut to encourage participation and they did give out prizes about a month ago depending on what level you were on at the time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

i do no longer think of there are stupid questions yet I do think of there are some at right here who do say abusive issues to others and make comments that are completely out of line. I in simple terms checklist those to yahoo solutions and enable them to handle them,it extremely is how they get a paycheck for doing their job in simple terms as all persons attempt to do ours. i'm grateful for yahoo solutions with the aid of fact I actually are starting to be to be distinctive good,informative advice from right here,and not even had to ask the question.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This actually started out to be an information site where you could get good, logical answers/solutions to problems you may have. But then the idiots took over with their stupid, immature, childish questions and answers. Too bad.

• 1 decade ago

sounds like you're not happy here and you'll be leaving soon....try dizzay.com,,see if you like that one better,,,,,to answer your question,there is no money or rewards...just points which is an incentive to answer the questions....people looking for advice post questions here and decent people answer their questions in hopes of helping the person...its not a site where one just throws out any old question just for the hell of it to get whatever reaction out of people...that happens with the new people,,,,we have alot of decent people in here that want to help others by giving advice which is what this is all about.....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is going to take you a full week to get 250 points

Push yourself to the max every day in answers and voting. Refrain from asking questions

• 1 decade ago

I'm sorry you feel that way but , you don't always get what you want. When I go up to the next level it is a sense of pride.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yahoo Answers is not a "Game", "Chat Room" or "Message Board" site. It is a site for people to ask legitimate questions a get legitimate answers. The reward is the satisfaction of helping others.

There are many reasons for the points and levels system. Prizes and money is not one of them. If this is your desire then please join "Game" sites that provide this.

This Answers page might help you understand the purpose of this site and how it works.

http://answers.yahoo.com/info/about;_ylt=AuoUo8RU9...

• 1 decade ago

For those who actually care about points it's a ridiculous drive to be the best.

Otherwise, it's a place for people to talk when there's no one else who'll listen.

• barb
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

it's entertaining at times. you get to give advice which sometimes is helpful.and once in a while you meet new people. the computer section has been very helpful to me as i know very little about comps, i have resolved comp issues from others Q&A's.

• 1 decade ago

y r u here if u think it is so stupid? really it is just something to do to pass the time and occassionally help someone or get some help yourself. we r all just human.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.