Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Will the war in the Middle East ever end?

Favorite Answer

It quit being a "war" a long time ago. It's no more than cold-blooded, mindless, senseless murder of innocent people by a bunch of religious fanatics who like to kill. It will end when they no longer exist. Not before. (sure, give me some "thumbs down" on this answer, but when you do....post an answer that shows I'm wrong).

***EDIT #1*** Sorry, Random Joe, but there is no comparison between the Japanese of WW2 and the Islamic terrorists of today. The Japanese soldiers came out and fought like men, face to face. Sure, Pearl Harbor was wrong, but after the war was in full swing, they didn't mingle with civilians as a "normal" way of fighting, and disappear when the Americans showed up. They may have lost, but they did it with honor. These terrorists are cowards who will hide behind women and children, then kill them with bombs in market places. They are not men....they are murderous animals, and absolutely NO "religion" gives them the right to do what they're doing......Period!

LSF is correct. The peoples of the middle east have been prone to warlike behaviour and violence for most of recorded history.

But you really need to clarify your question. Do you mean the war involving the USA in Iraq?

Do you mean the war of Palestinians and other Islamic fundamentalists against Israel.

Do you mean the warlike violence of one Islamic group against another one?

Or do you mean something else?

As long as the "Peacefull" Muslim religion is around, then no. They will find a reason to hate anyone. It is a religion of intolerance and ignorance. The leaders keep the masses under control with hate speech. Oh, I mean spiritual teachings. Whatever. WW3, lets get it over with.

I think it is possible. Look at the Japanese in WWII: They were suicidal and were similar to the islamic terrorists in that they belevied as radically as them. The Japanese, like the terrorists, were raised in the ideology of hate. Well, the Japanese lost WWII and now look at them. I think it is just a matter of time, patience, and changing the minds of those who want to kill us.

• Dr.O

Now Pres.Bush has Completed his personal agenda I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.Consider it being over now.

That area has been rapped up in turmoil for hundreds of years.....Therefore,.NO, not likely