promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Karasu asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate you. Which substances rehydrate you besides water?

In other words, you can drink all you want but if you pee it out it doesn't help. What increases the body's propensity for water uptake?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

only water. there's a certain chemical reaction going through your body and a primary ingredient for it is water. There's no substitute for good old water.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Gatorade works beautifully well alongside a little bit of water so you don't have that kind of sour taste in your throat. Trust me.

Oh, and you will never have guessed: A Fruit Smoothie provides more energy (and is obviously healthier) than a Red Bull!

Source(s): My own experience, from countless 101-degree-weather days wearing 3 layers of camouflage and armor on a paintball trip.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Orange juice. I do not drink that alcohol, but I do caffeine and orange juice I find does quit well.

The poisoning of alcohol if one has something else in the stomach will help to absorb this drug.

Salt makes one want to drink more liquid. Soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, anything that is pickled...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the body retains water when the water itself contains some salts. That is the reason that gatorade and powerade work.

if you feel you are not retaining water put a little bit of salt on it and drink it.

Your body will self regulate when you drank enough.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

gatorade pretty much anything without caffiene or other stimulates in it. there are alot newer ones out on the market these days but gatorade comes to my mind first

• 1 decade ago

Electrolytes, such as those found in Gatorade and Powerade, etc.

• 1 decade ago

gaterraid it helps alot

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.