Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

X-Mass Tree Down Before New Years?

Should I bring down the christmas tree before the new year or after. Everyone has their own opinion and traditions. Since this is our first Christmas together with my wife and children in our own place... What do you think: Up or Down... and Why?

Favorite Answer

we take ours down after new years. it just adds aparkle and decoration for the new year to come in on. happy new years.

Well this would be our first christmas tree in our own place too. I say leave it up and in the morning take it down.

I usually just go by how long I can procrastinate or get the urge to become productive. We never have a set time. This year, my tree was down by the 29th. Last year, I think we ended up keeping it out until somewhere around the 1st week of January.

We take ours down after the 1st so it will bring the spirt of Christmas into the new year. While the bowl games are on is when we take down and put up all the decorations.

• mo

I usually always took the tree down on New Years day. I think mainly because there is never anything else to do on that day, plus if you have a hang over it doesn't make much noise.LOL Happy New Year.

They say It's good luck to leave the christmas tree up after New Year's.

• Gypsy

make your own tradition we put ours up thanksgiving night or thaty weekend than we take it down the day after Christmas or that week before trash but ours is real so its dead by then.

• ?

bypass minimize one down and disillusioned extra tree huggers that don't comprehend that maximum Christmas wood are grown merely to be minimize down and if there became no marketplace, the wood does no longer be there in any case!!!

We always take our down before the 1st, so we start the year off with a fresh cleaned up house.

the 26th is the day it comes down in my house