promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

If I want to purchase a home in New York State at pre-construction prices, do i still make a written offer?

i want to buy a home in a new development in my area. the price of the home is a pre-construction price. because it is so discounted, can i still make an offer below that price or is it set?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All contracts to purchase real estate must be in writing to be enforceable.

You can make any offer you want, but the seller can reject it outright or make a counter offer to you

Source(s): 25 years in Real Estate Sales and Finance
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

the assumption of genuine belongings is describe in one sentence, it is: sellers desire the optimum fee obtainable, shoppers desire the backside fee and the perfect deal and the agent needs a speedy sale. i'm no longer suprised that the broking is that stingy. If the homestead has been on the marketplace for 30 days, it no longer that undesirable, in many circumstances if it relatively is a few months, that a distinctive tale, yet 30 days not often characterize plenty. as quickly as I have been given into genuine belongings, one guy might different than me to refund him the coverage, taxes and different expenses on precise of the final and agent fee. maximum sellers desire the optimum fee obtainable and as long because of the fact the region isn't dire, than there is no longer something you're able to do. If he's desirous to sell, tell him thank you and spot you later. If he's not too obdurate, he will comprehend what's perfect. confer with the agent and spot if he's prepared to offer up an element of his fee. to be sure a honest fee, base it on the municipality's each and every year assessment, it is way under the asking fee.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can try, if the market is bad, they may accept it or negotiate. It certainly will not hurt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.