How much work do you have to do to make it through grad school?

I was accepted for Gradschool, and starting my Masters in Information Technology on Jan 8, and im a bit worried. I found out that I have to maintain a 3.0 GPA every semester and an overall GPA of 3.5 to stick in the program. Im taking 8 credits, this semester thats two courses. I generally do well on IT courses, but still im worried at the high standards. Undergrad was shitty, i did OK but I could have done better. So my question, what should I expect on the grad program? is this a back breaking study times? Its odd really, Undergrad was real easy for me, i mean I felt like i didnt really do much to get a good grade.

Favorite Answer

Grad school is definitely more work. You will spend much more time reading journal articles and doing research than anything else. Most classes will require a research paper, usually 20 pages long.

Source(s): I'm a grad student.