Help! I have had my tubes tied 3 years ago and totally regret it?

I wish i could have another baby but i know that without surgery its almost impossible. Any suggestions or anybody in the same boat as me?

Favorite Answer

Honey I totally see your point. I had my tubes tied at 28. WORST MISTAKE EVER! It has been the cause of many health and libido decline. I have done hours and hours of research on reversals and side effects. How long ago did you have it done? It has been 8 years for me, and progressively getting worse. In some RARE cases insurance companies have paid for reversals. Exclusive to it being a solution to complications, not as a fix for wanting more kids. I have went thru 6 doctors in the last 5 years but all have either gacve me drugs or recommended a historectomy. So my advice to you is save for invetro or start adoption proceedings because with out 5-10,000 $$$$ the reversal wont be easy. I dont mean to sound harsh but dont want someone else having to drag out with the same issue I have. Good Luck and God bless.

rfm619

Source(s): rfm619@yahoo.com

Just as a tubal ligation is considered to be major surgery, so is a tubal reversal. Normally, this procedure takes two to three hours and is done under general anesthetic. In order to make your fallopian tubes functional again, the doctor will unclamp; reattach; remove any devices that may be blocking your tubes or place an implant into your fallopian tubes. This type of surgery does require a hospital stay of at least one night but you may need to remain in the hospital for as much as five days after the surgery. Once you leave the hospital, you can expect to completely recover from the procedure over the course of the next four to six weeks. As with any type of major surgery, complications are always a possibility. Although they are rare, side effects of tubal ligation reversal surgery may include:

Bleeding

Infections

Damage to the surrounding organs

Complications due to anesthetic

Thanks to the advances made in microsurgery, though, it is possible for tubal reversals to be done in less than an hour on an outpatient basis. Additionally, only local anesthesia is necessary for this procedure. While this type of surgery is far less invasive than the traditional tubal ligation reversal surgery, thereby significantly reducing the risk of complications, the technology is still new and not widely practiced.

you could always try adoption a baby. i know a lot of people don't like doing it because it's not theirs child, but if you can't have anymore kids because your tubes are tied, and you don't want to go thru with surgery, than that looks to be your only other choice. not only will you be filling a spot in your heart, but you will be making another child's day and giving them a good, loving, and nurturing home, and when you think about it, even if it's not your child it will feel like it.

hey i have not Had my tubes tied, but my aunt did 5 years ago and she wanted a child a year ago so she went to see a gynecologist and he got her an appointment and the procedure was done i 45 minutes and know she has a 4 month old baby girl!!!

• I know a wonderful doctor that you could go to -to get your tubes untied. I know five people (Family/friends) that went to him and all became pregnant within a year of getting their tubes untied.

He is the best ever doctor in doing this procedure. He has a payment plan. Just cjeck him out cause what do you have to lose?

Dr. Richard Levin at http://www.babies-by-levin.com/

Good luck

Source(s): *ButterFlyAngel*

Don't feel alone I had my tubes done about 4 yrs ago and now regret it , I want an other baby so bad taht i am looking into getting them untied.

So I am there with you.

Depending on your health insurance you may be able to try IVF treatments instead of having your tubes untied. I had a reversal Feb. of this year and it was unsuccessful. I then tried IVF and got pregnant with identical twin boys. Good Luck!!!!!

• leena

actually my aunt had her tubes tied but then got them untied and had a baby pretty soon after

• You should of thought about that before you got your tubes tied

Get them untied...