Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Where does the term "Lazy Susan" come from?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

From the web according to my findings Thomas Jefferson first invented the "lazy susan" in the 1800 which was also at that time called a dumbwaiter but later the dubwaiter became a name for an elevator in a house between floors The "lazy susan" is a round piece of wood to either be put in a cabinet or on the table to circulate food to have easy access to the particular item you are trying to find

Source(s): wikipedia
  • Kdude
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Susan was a lazy girl who complained everytime she had to pass the potatoes. So they developed the "Lazy Susan" and named it after her.

I am making that up but it sounds good.

Peace.

• 1 decade ago

the term "lazy Susan" is probably from long ago when a chick named Susan was very lazy!! <<LOL>>

• 1 decade ago

my sister she is the laziest susan you ever want to meet , but it is also a cabinetry term for spining circular racks in cabinets

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my daughter's name is Susan, but i don't think everyone know her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.