Where does the term "Lazy Susan" come from?

Favorite Answer

From the web according to my findings Thomas Jefferson first invented the "lazy susan" in the 1800 which was also at that time called a dumbwaiter but later the dubwaiter became a name for an elevator in a house between floors The "lazy susan" is a round piece of wood to either be put in a cabinet or on the table to circulate food to have easy access to the particular item you are trying to find

Source(s): wikipedia
  • Kdude

Susan was a lazy girl who complained everytime she had to pass the potatoes. So they developed the "Lazy Susan" and named it after her.

I am making that up but it sounds good.

Peace.

the term "lazy Susan" is probably from long ago when a chick named Susan was very lazy!! <<LOL>>

my sister she is the laziest susan you ever want to meet , but it is also a cabinetry term for spining circular racks in cabinets

my daughter's name is Susan, but i don't think everyone know her.