My grade point average is B+, my mom says I HAVE to get an A.?

Is my mom crazy, or am I not smart.-_-

• zingis
    Favorite Answer

It depends on whether or not you are giving it your best.

Some people have to work really hard to get a B+, some people can slide through with a B+.

If you're goofing off, natural ability will only take you so far; study habits and hard work are good attributes to acquire.

If you're giving it your best, then talk to your mom about it - she may not be crazy, she may only be wanting for you to be your best.

Peace

If you're getting a B+ average, I'd say you're probably pretty smart and a pretty hard worker.

If you're in high school, keep in mind that a B+ average is on the lower end of what you need to get into a decent college. If you want to go to a really good college, you'll need a higher grade point average; a higher average will also make you more attractive to any decent college.

If you have a B+ average, then you certainly have the potential to go to at least a decent college. Even if you're not sure you want to go to college, it's still better to keep your options open. You might very well want to go someday, and it's good to have that available.

I'd shoot for at least an A- average if I were you. This will give you a better chance of getting into a good college if you want to. The decisions you make today will affect your grades, and your grades can affect the course the rest of your life takes.

Having said that, it's unreasonable for your mom to expect you to get all A's, and you almost certainly shouldn't expect that yourself. But I'd encourage you to do the very best you can, as your future may depend on it.

i think that u r smart enough, but i don't think ur mom is crazy either. i think ur mom just wants u 2 b better in school. though a b+ is pretty good, u should always aim 4 an A. My teacher says that. She says that u have 2 push and work 4 ur A. a b+ is very close 2 an a but work a little harder and u will get that a and ur mom will b proud of u.

your mum is not crazy, she just wants you to get higher marks as it will benefit YOU, not her. B+ average is pretty good, you are smart enough but dont you think you can aim to get a higher grade like A- instead of sticking to B+? if you can get B+ , you surely can get atleast A-. And dont call ur own mum crazy, she's just asking u to try to get an A for your own good!

YOUR MOM IS CRAZY and SHE IS NOT SMART!! What matters is whether you are really trying in the course and learning a lot as you proceed through the material. Parents who pressure their kids to excel at whatever cost are teaching them the wrong values. It's better to do your best and then let the chips fall where they may. Why worry yourself sick over something which ultimately will not cause the world to end?

• Tasm

You mom needs to look at the classes you have. Getting a B+ in a tough class is better than getting an A in an easy class. As long as your learning something, that's the important part.

well i think ur mom is being a little hard on u i mean come on u have a b+ average and i dont think u r dumb with those grades so yes ur mom is crazy enless u have a bunch of sibleings that r really smart

if you have an a average then your gpa is 4.0 and that really looks good to a college so neither of your inferences are accurage your mom just want's what's best for you and academically your doing fine with a b+ average...just go a little higher to make your mom happy.

Your mom is being very hard on you. You don't need to get A's just to prove that your a good student. Getting B's are good, too. At least, it's better than getting C's or worse.

its like do you rather have 80 dollars or 90 dollars oh well I wont 90 dollars but you're mom would probably take $80 to but youre mom is still crazy at the brain