How can I upgrade my Calsonic Skyline GT-2003 r/c car to make it go faster?

The motor is a high performance 540 type electric motor. Also, the car is a 1/10 scale. I have a 7.2V battery. Is there any way that I can upgrade to make the car faster and also I would like to go the cheaper route.

• Dan A
    Favorite Answer

Change the gear size smaller the faster also tower hobbies sales hot motors and every thing you will need to hop up cars and trucks check it out . And the ball bearings are a good idea to

dude he said it's a 1/10th scale so it's not a xmod but if you want to get cheap speed put ball bearings in it or try running 7 cell battery packs insted of 6 but be careful that might hurt the esc if this car has one next thing is get a lower turn motor or go brushless. the cheapest route is just to regear it but in this case if you want it to have a high top end it will lose acceleration.

Source(s): moi

if its an xmod then go to ure local radio shack and they sell engin upgrades and new bearings

Source(s): me

your best choice is to get some Japanese imports whether its on the engine or other parts they have most of the high profomance parts