How can I upgrade my Calsonic Skyline GT-2003 r/c car to make it go faster?

The motor is a high performance 540 type electric motor. Also, the car is a 1/10 scale. I have a 7.2V battery. Is there any way that I can upgrade to make the car faster and also I would like to go the cheaper route.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Change the gear size smaller the faster also tower hobbies sales hot motors and every thing you will need to hop up cars and trucks check it out . And the ball bearings are a good idea to

• 1 decade ago

dude he said it's a 1/10th scale so it's not a xmod but if you want to get cheap speed put ball bearings in it or try running 7 cell battery packs insted of 6 but be careful that might hurt the esc if this car has one next thing is get a lower turn motor or go brushless. the cheapest route is just to regear it but in this case if you want it to have a high top end it will lose acceleration.

Source(s): moi
  • 1 decade ago

if its an xmod then go to ure local radio shack and they sell engin upgrades and new bearings

Source(s): me
  • 1 decade ago

your best choice is to get some Japanese imports whether its on the engine or other parts they have most of the high profomance parts

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.