blondie34 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

i get cold sore outbreaks often above the lip. Does anyone have any cures or to help with the pain & bleedinG?

My cold sore outbreak (herpes) started many years ago. They come on during stressful times and all to Many times ! Any cures or ways to help the pain? Help :-(

Favorite Answer

try home remedies.

Source(s): STEP 1: Take supplements that inhibit viral growth at the first sign of an outbreak. Try 500 to 1,000 mg daily of the amino acid L-lysine. Antioxidant vitamins and 50 to 100 mg of zinc per day may also help. STEP 2: Boost your immune system. Take echinacea and goldenseal and get 5,000mg vitamin C daily. Get plenty of rest and reduce stress. STEP 3: Treat the cold sore topically. Dab tea tree oil, a natural antiseptic, at either full or half strength directly on blisters several times a day. STEP 4: Promote healing by avoiding foods that contain arginine, another

1

Source(s): Natural Safe Herpes Remedy - http://HerpesAway.oruty.com/?KJai

I think it's important to know the facts about herpes. Herpes come in two varieties--herpes simplex type I and herpes simplex type II. A large percentage of people are living with type I which is characterized as the common cold sore, and is generally speaking, no big deal if you're careful about not trading saliva during an outbreak, as fever blisters and cold sores can be transferred from one person to another! But yes, to answer your question, someone with cold sores is completely dateable!! Type II herpes is the virus you need to be more mindful of, however. Type II herpes generally form below the belt and can be transferred anytime during unprotected sexual intercourse (although mainly during an outbreak). Make sure your partner does not have herpes simplex type II before having intercourse, and remember whatever starts in your mouth can be transferred to the genitals and whatever starts on the genitals can be transferred to the mouth!

I got clinically diagnosed with herpes (type 2) about 4 years ago, whilst I was still in college and had a silly one-night stand. I realize a lot of young women say this, but I swear I had never done that sort of thing before. I just made a mistake that one time and all of a sudden I felt like I was going to have to live with the implications for my entire life. The hardest part was feeling I could never date men again. In the end, who wants to go out with someone who has sores round her private parts? But since a friend shared this movie https://tr.im/rhqgf everything changed.

Not only was I able to clear away all remnants of the hsv from my system in less than 21 days, but I was also able to begin dating again. I even met the guy of my dreams and I'm so lucky to write that just a week ago, in front of everybody in a busy restaurant, he got down on one knee and proposed to me!!! This method provided me the chance to be happy and experience true love again. Now I want to help others too by sharing this story.

I used to get those when I was stressed or really sick. I started taking 500 milligrams of L-Lysin a day 2 years ago and I haven't had an outbreak since.

I use to try herbal remedies but I found abreva more effective.

You can get it @ any drugstore, it's cheaper @ Cosco $20 for 2 otherwise it's $20 for 1 @ the drugstore (it comes in a little tube & the packaging is blue).

Apply it when you feel the first sign of your outbreak, that tingly feeling you get. Sometimes you can prevent the complete outbreak, otherwise you shorten it. :)

Source(s): *Nursing background 25 years. Personal experience.

At the drugstore they now sell "pads" that go on the cold sore. I wish I knew the name, but mention it to a pharmacist. They do sell good stuff that numbs your mouth and the cold sore but that can get weird.

I find soda leads to canker sores. A lot of sore, but even a glass or two has given them to me. I don't know why!

http://herpesrxfast.com/valtrex.php

.First of all, there is NO CURE for Herpes virus! Only prevention medicines.. go to HerpesRxFAST. Com . They can have any herpes medication to you Via Overnight Fedex delivery from a US licensed Pharmacy, so you can order with confidence. Good luck dear.

Try taking the vitamin called L-Lysine,if you take it everyday,there is something in it that prevents cold sores,I know so many people who swear by it!You can buy it at any drug store,Walmart or K-mart!

• All I can say is that you shouldn't pick at them. I have tried some things myself to help with them, and I don't know of anything that works noticeably well.

My mum used to put iodine on mine when I was younger, but it just stung a lot. It may have helped a little, but all I remember is that it hurt.

My sister had them so bad she has scars. She finally got them under control by taking the prescription drug Zovarax. It comes topically and internal...do both. She finally has them under control after years of misery.