what should i do?

I had a huge fight with my boyfriend. I know i acted like a huge jerk but i didnt know how else to handle things. My boyfriend is a nice person but he is so into himself and his things than anyone else. he told me that his stuff means more to him then his family or friends. He is also at my house 24/7. That might be okay for some people but im kind of a loner and i really like some time to myself. Also he will call me at all hours of the night after i already told him i'm going to sleep. I know i sound petty but i really dont know how to handle it without hurting his feelings.

I've asked him for space a bunch of times. I ask him for a day to myself and then he will call me that day and tell me he's coming over.

Favorite Answer

From your leter it is evident that YOU are not the one who is the jerk. Neither are you petty. I think your boyfriend is the inconsiderate one. You called him 'nice', but self-centred seems a more appropriate description. You are so concerned about his feelings, but what about your own? Surely he should consider your feelings too. Perhaps you can tell him frankly about what bothers you so you can both make compromises and meet each other half way. You might have to make some adjustments in your 'loner' status since you are now a couple, and he will also have to learn to be more considerate.

You could have chosen the wrong person to be your boyfriend. "My boyfriend is a nice person" contradicts "he is so into himself and his things than anyone else" and "his stuff means more to him then his family or friends." How could anyone be nice when he treats material things more than his family and friends. "He is also at my house 24/7" sounds to me that he distrusts you and thus behaves like a leech on you. There must be a certain level of trust in a relationship and this trust should grow over time for the relationship to blossom. I wish you well.

• Joho

ask for more space but if he doesnt give it to u then u should break up with him. good luck and have a happy new year.

ask for space...but not in a break up way

• Boss

Just breakup i think he is desprete, which is weird :)

jjust one choice and chance?