promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Who thought of the idea of painting your toenails with red nail polish?

I think it was a silent movie star, but am not sure

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Iena trimbell didn't like green, and was said to be the first to change her's to red.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Casey
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i would definitly go with a tangerine orange color, not a light orange or else your skin could look even paler! NYC has an orange color that i LOVE....its Tangerine Orange Creme, i think. If you want to make a flower, this is a super duper easy way! i do it all the time. all you need is some white nail polish, blue nail polish, and a toothpick. 1. Drop 5 drops of white nailpolish in a circle on your big toe. DOME SHAPED. dont put them too close together or they will runintoeachother! 2. let dome dry ON TOP, so there is a slight seal. about 30 seconds. 3. now take your toothpick and pull the center of the dome into the center. do the same for all the dots, and the lines you just made should connect in the centre. 4. now dot your flower w/the blue! gorge! TADA!

• 1 decade ago

Modern nail polish was invented by someone named Michelle Ménard in the early 1920s, I have no idea who she was, I found no info other than about her...

Lana Turner was one of the first to wear red nail polish on the red carpet

Source(s): this is from the wiki... http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/55376/the...
  • The ancient Eygptians used henna on their finger and toe nails. That is where Red Nail Polish originated.

Source(s): The Encyclopedia of World Costume and varying books on Fashion History.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What kind of question is this?

People have been painting their toenails all sorts of colors for quite some time. Sheesh.

Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i dont know but i have been paiting my toenails red for a long time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the 80'S NO DUHH

OR CINDY LOPER

• 1 decade ago

me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.