Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

can push ups and sit ups help u gain muscle?

Favorite Answer

I do one every day when I get out of bed, and no results yet. I'll keep you posted...

The difference I found is after 3 weeks of daily pushups,the chest muscles and triceps get firm. trust me your appetite increases , Be careful not to gobble up all the food. But if you train urself with a 5kg dumbell , u can see a rapid change in growth of muscles. Sit ups helps to strengthen the butt and hips.

• Bob T

These exercises can build your muscular endurance, but not too much with your strength. It is important that your muscles can manage your body weight, but you need more overload than your body weight if you are looking to gain muscular size.

If you are not able to go to a gym to weight train, you can make resistance equipment for lifting on your own. Start with old milk jugs filled with water or sand, for example.

Source(s): 27 years of teaching physical education.

Yes they can help build muscle but as everyone else will say, its gonna take a good diet & some aerobic exercise to really get you on your way.

New years resolution perhaps ?

Yes

You should include sufficient nutrients

in your diet for muscle development, More

datails are at http://www.toloseweight.org/muscle.html

yes it can but theres other things you can to help to gain muscle

• Darby

Absolutely. But you have to do them regularly and also increase the reps as you get stronger. Good luck.

Push ups yes, situps no.

of course! i used to do 100 sit ups everyday & i have a pseudo sick pack now. (havent done that in years but its still sorta there!)