promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i need a formula that adds 1 number to next line in Excel Ex. (name/07/0001 to name/07/0002) going down the pg

I want it to look like this in excel

Name/07/0001

Name/07/0002

I would like to be able to put the number in the first line and it total up the rest automaticaly from that. Thanks for any help

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If I'm not misunderstood with what you need, try to do this. First, format the character i.e. "Name/07/0001" (without the apostophe)(into General), Secondly, go to the right hand corner of the cell that contains "Name/07/0001" until the cursor changed into a small black Plus sign, left click the mouse, hold and drag down the cell. When you do, you will see that everytime you scroll down the cells, the numbers will change from 0001 to 0002, ...03 and so on.

Hope that's help.

Source(s): experience
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

from what i know, excel already has this built-in feature. you just need to type in, for example, Name/07/0001 and then point your mouse pointer on the lower right corner of the cell & drag it down till it fills up all the cells you need to fill, incrementing each cell by 1. of course, this is if the cell contain pure numbers. don't know if your setup would work. try it anyway. hope somebody figures out a more scientific answer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.