A question for mommies, please help my baby has a runny nose and warm forehead How can I sooth him?

he's 28 months and his temp is normal but he's very warm my poor baby is sad and a little bit sick. What can I do? I have baby tylenol and baby vicks.

Favorite Answer

A warm bath always works for my children... i comforts them and makes them a little sleepy... and a little tynelol might not hurt either... hope all gets well soon from one mommy to another

Do not give him Tylenol if you're sure that he doesn't have a fever!

I'd just dress him so he's not overheated and keep a close eye on his temperature in case it develops into a fever.

The baby Vicks is a good idea if his nose is runny. I would elevate the crib mattress by putting a phone book underneath it. It will help drain the mucus instead of it all running down his throat. If you have a humidifier, use that, too.

My son is also 28 months old. U can try infants tylenol cold or little colds. U can even talk to the pharmacist and they may suggest dimatapp. My son has had a cold off and on and the pharmacist told me i could give him 1 tsp of the dimatapp. Of course these are only suggestions so please talk to the doctor or pharmacist before u try any thing..

I am a dad but i rasied my 2 lb 12 oz 27 week old son, he is 5 and doing great, warm bath works great, I also use and swear by Johnson's Calming Lotion With Soothing Lavender & Chamomile, and lots of hugs good luck

baby tylenol would surfice not vicks....let him sleep and IF he doesnt eat OR drink, give him/her Pedialite so the baby doesn't dehydrate and if the tylenol doesnt work take ur baby to the doctor....but remember if his temp is 36.5 -37.5 hes still normal temperature. And babies are always wamer when they wake up....

Good Luck!

you may think he doesnt have a temp

but try rectal thermometers

they are more accurate. and dont worry they dont hurt. lay your child on the stomach and hold open the buttocks.lubricate it with a little vaseline and insert it up about 1/2-1.5 inches up the rectum. hold it in for about 2 minutes and hold close the buttocks and the thermometer to keep it from getting in too high.

your child may be fussy during it but it doesnt hurt.

also the best way to get his fever down is feverall

they are suppositories. i always used them on my kids.

hope he feels better

much love

Source(s): doctor

Try a warm bath, that always helps when you're not feeling well. A nice cold popsicle would feel good with that fever too. Read him a story and lay him down for bed. Your body heals faster when you're sleeping, so the more he sleeps the faster he'll feel better.