Asking Cost?

I'm new to this yahoo forum. It say's I get points when answering questions. Do ya get anything in points? Like merchandise? But it is saying, it cost 5 points for every question asked.?Thanks!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You lose 5 points for every question that you ask.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • semdot
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Check out http://answers.yahoo.com/info/scoring_system

You do not get gifts for points. You do get more privileges and credibility.

The point system is there mainly, I believe, to encourage answers. It's at least some recognition. I think the question cost is there to slow down spammers.

• duque
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you're making factors with the aid of answering questions and vote casting, that are relatively worth 2 factors and a million element respectively. in case you answer a question nicely, and are special perfect answer, you will benefit one extra 10 factors. Yahoo! solutions deducts factors for asking with a view to motivate human beings to respond to extra suitable than they ask. seem on the call, the positioning is extra relating to the solutions than the questions, even however you could no longer have the solutions with out the questions.

• 1 decade ago

you get points for answering questions and points for getting a right answers from a question you answered than at the end of the year you can get gifts and things

Source(s): nolipgordon@yahoo.com
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you live outside the USA you get points only - no gifts.

US residents have recently had the opportunity to receive promotional items - water bottles, coffee mugs, etc depending on their points level.

I guess Yahoo doesn't value international participation too much.

But hey - Welcome to the circus!

• 1 decade ago

no you dont get anything on yahoo answer but it is fun that is a prize

• 1 decade ago

I dont think u get anything, but that would be cool if u did right

• 1 decade ago
    Source(s): :D
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.