Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Why do we have to hate each other so much?

I was just watch the lifetime movie about Gwen Araujo the transgender. I had never seen it before but I've seen the previews. I didn't know they killed her. It made me sick. I don't understand why people want to blame society so much. A society is made up of people. A society can only be full of hatred if those people it's made up of, are full of hatred. Why do we all hate eachother so much? Why can't we just be who we are?

Denise, they beat her for over 5 hours and then strangled her. You are saying alcohol was a factor. And she wasn't pretending to be something she wasn't. She was just being who she believe she was. It's people like you that make excuses for those boys who killed her. Shame on you!

Favorite Answer

One of my biggest goals for my life is to stop judging people and stop comparing myself to others. I strive to catch myself thinking "He looks like a punk, I should avoid him" and mentally correct myself until I don't do it anymore, but you know what? It's extremely difficult. Of all the stereotypes and beliefs that are out there, it's almost impossible not to judge people in some way. People like to categorize things, and unfortunately we often do it in a negative way.

I wish I could answer your question, and tell you why we do this, but I can't. The most important thing is that you yourself try to make a difference and ease some of the hatred you may have. You can't change other people but you can change yourself.

I think about that all the time. We have way too many ignorant people in this world, unfortunately. I saw that movie that you mentioned too and it was heartbreaking. I cried at the end when they killed..which I wasn't expecting either. People can't help who they are. You try to accept yourself even though you know society probably won't..but you still get kicked down for being you. Its either because of your gender, race, religion, etc. There is just too much hatred in the world to this day and in a couple of hours its going to be 2007. Do you think we came a long way? Maybe but now far enough.

The problem is that we still have a generation living thats teaching their children to hate people because of the color of their skin or just because they are different. The awful thing about it is that we don't have enough people like you and me that accept others for who they are. Maybe one day. But I definitely understand where you are coming from.

We hate each other so much so we can love each-other so well as for the trangender boy two things wrong their you should never pretend to be something your not and two those kids had been drinking and they were in-barest that they enjoyed who Gwen was and to give my opinion that little girl who spieled her guts about what she new should have been charged with a crime also

Source(s): just my thougts plus when that frist happened the news said they were haveing a party and achoal was a factor

I don't understand it either. People should just live and worry about their own lives. Must be a mental disease.

• sixgun

FEAR-NOTHING ELSE