Any suggestions? Never was "good" at anything...?

K. To brief you, I was homeschooled, & altho I was in college at 16, I missed out on opportunities for sports, clubs, etc. in high school. As pathetic as this sounds, I feel like I've missed the opportunity to win or achieve something, and now I'd like to "try" something. Is there anything available on a small-scale for adults? After work or weekend type "things"?

Favorite Answer

Wow...guy....you said in your question "Never was "good" at anything...?" To me, you going to college at 16 is an accomplishment...and in fact I don't know of anyone who started college at 16. As for competing against someone to win...have you tried bowling, tennis, the gym, chess clubs, golf, pool, different clubs at your college, have you tried talking with the counselors at your college? It's hard for me to give you any suggestions without knowing the area where you live along with the availability of those things.

I don't think that sounds pathetic at all, that sounds great that you want to be involved in that way! There should be lots of things! The YMCA or similar club, you could check to see if there is a community team for adults, or volunteer to coach or help out for other sporting events. Try your town hall or office, or even your local library, people usually post stuff their for community activities!

You are dwelling too much on what You think you can't do. I really think high school is over-rated. I would start by taking an aptitude test, if nothing else you need to find out where your interest are, that will enable you to better choose a job that you will enjoy doing, even if it is just part time.

It is never too late to win or achieve something. There are so many clubs and activities you can participate in. Think about maybe hobbies you might be interested in or maybe a group you might want to join. Maybe you haven't found your "niche" yet.

your mind is the only true limit you have.

whatever you think you want to do, then go for it.

In anything like that, there is always an ability to start slow and work your way up.

Good luck, you wil find something, and you will do just fine.

Main thing is just to find something you think you will enjoy.

• sixgun

This organization is all over the world and has competitions for speeches. You learn how to give speeches, you practice, and you compete. It looks good on a resume too.

http://www.toastmasters.org/

Pool, darts, learn to play guitar...go with something that interests you and then it will be something you will want to keep going with. Something that will become a hobby you are good at.

• leena

tennis?