I am really confused... Why did she not reply?

Yeah, so I text this girl whom I like to wish her a very Happy New Year. I text her two times; with the second one longer and more 'creative'. Her reply to the first one is short and rather abbreviated, just wishing me "happy new year to u", but she didn't reply the second time round.

Is she offended?

I mean why would she be angry and offended with the second message? It does not contain all those 'love' things and only about friendship.

*(We are just friends. Two months ago I told her my feeling but she said she just want to be friends. But, I often communicate with her and am very kind to her.)

Favorite Answer

ok, darl i think you're overreacting over this situation.

read your wn question. everyone was proably sending her txts last nite bout hapy new year. writing bak to everyone is hard and i happen to know that optushad so many ppl trying to text that the network stopped allowing some to get through!!

maybe she ran out of credit,, maybe she thought you had written the msg to her twice by mistake.. why did you write it twice?

lime_kittyboo3@hotmail.com

I think you are reading too much into this. She answered the first time, and that's all she needs to.

My question is why did you text her twice? I know the second one was longer and more "creative", but never-the-less, you should only text her once. She could see the second text as a cry for attention rather than a friendly message from a friend.

Hon, you may be reading more into this than is necessary. Maybe she put her phone down. Or maybe she'd already exceeded her limit; it's the end of the month. Cellphones are sometimes just a bad way to communicate.

I doubt that she took any offense, she probably just didn't get the message, or was too busy to answer. Be glad she's your friend, and tell her Happy New year tomorrow :)

I don't think she is offended. She thinks you send in redundant text messages. Since she already replied the first one so it is not necessary to reply again.

She keeps the message short because, one, maybe she is busy and does not have time to key in all the words; two, she wants to keep you and herself as "friends" and does not want to send you any indication that she is interested by replying quickly and in long, detailed messages.

You will find that women like a challenge. They want what they can't have not someone who makes themselves available. Sounds like you want something more than a friendship but don't hound her. Give her space and believe it or not if and when you move on, she will then realize what she's missing. Offended? I don't think so girls love attention. Just hang in there and remember good things come to those who wait. Don't go looking for anything you don't want to find.

It sounds like she "thinks" you may have alternative motives. For instance, since she knows how your original feelings for her were, and she said she just wanted to be "friends", she may feel that she would be leading you on to think different. Meaning... maybe she senses you still would like to be more than friends. So, that's why she is giving you the cold shoulder.

Try using words like how's my "pal" do-in today. Or, how's my "little buddy" doing?

Make it known to her, that you are "just friends". You may be scaring her off if you sound the least bit romantic.

Ask her if she knows someone that would like to go out with you.

Happy New Year!!! And best wishes to you & your gal-pal!

She answered the first message. She has told you she only wanted to be friends so back off. She is probably on a date, or at a party. Move on and find someone who cares about you.

• j t

Because you are friends, why can't she send you a short text message back to you? Is this not fine?

Take it easy, you are falling for her and is now frightening her too as she does not want to hurt you. Don't read too muchinto a platonic relationship or you will be hurt over nothing.

• Maybe she was having a bad day..Or couldn't reply any longer than she did.....

She's just not interested in a relationship and trying to let you down easy....