Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

DVD Burner stopped playing DVDs?

OK It plays cds and other discs fine. I pop in a DVD and no matter what player I use (Media player, Interactual, Winamp, eyc) It does not play. I get different errors (depending upon the program) one says it cannot draw, the other says sto check my sttings (I haven't changed anything) This happened about a weeka ago and I am at a loss. I have re installed the drivers, and installed dirextX again, but I am not sure what else to try

Favorite Answer

Try playing your DVD on another DVD drive. If it plays then the problem is definitely with the DVD drive on your computer. You can try cleaning your DVD drive with a lens cleaner. You can buy one at your local computer store for around $10.00. DVD drives use a low power laser to read DVD's; grime on the lens makes it hard to read the disc. The lifespan of a typical DVD drive is about 50,000 hours of use; after which, the laser burns out.

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr

try cleaning it with one of those DVD head cleaners.

Hey.

try Cucusoft MPEG/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD Converter Pro

http://cucusoft-mpeg-avi-to-dvd-vcd-svcd-converter...

Cucusoft MPEG/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD Converter Pro Description:

Cucusoft MPEG/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD Converter Pro (Converter + Embedded Burner) is easy to use and powerful for experts as well. It enables you to convert and burn any video file directly to VCD, DVD, SVCD, MPEG1 and MPEG2 format. Pro version included all the features of the lite version. In addition, it has embedded "DVD Author Express" and "DVD/VCD/SVCD Burner Engine". So it becomes an all-in-one VCD/SVCD/DVD Creator. And this program has been optimized for 64-bit CPU including Intel EM64T and AMD64. The video conversion speed is faster than most of our competitors. Now you can get this All-in-One video converter at a very competitive price!

Cucusoft MPEG/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD Converter Pro Key Feature:

Enhanced MPEG Encoder Engine is optimized for 64-bit CPU including Intel EM64T and AMD64, Pentium 4 processor and AMD Athlon processor, also Support SSE2 and hyper-threading CPU. So any video to to VCD/DVD/SVCD is even faster than real-time.

Support burning VCD/DVD/SVCD.

Embedded "DVD author Express" is inside.

Optimized for 64-bit CPU including Intel EM64T and AMD64.

Convert avi to VCD/DVD/SVCD compatible mpeg file

Support .VOB, .asf, .wmv, .rm, .rmvb, .mov format as input file

Support DivX, XviD avi format

Support MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4 video format

Support MPEG layer1, layer2, layer3 audio format

Support Subtitle, you can add subtitle onto your output movie.(You need to install VobSub software first.)

"Split function" to cut a big mpeg file into several smaller parts to fit a CD-R capacity

Support both TV systems: NTSC/PAL

Support Input/Output preview at same time.

Two output modes: Stretch to Fit / Lock Aspect Ratio

High Audio and Video quality

Support no sound avi files

Batch Function, Support converting multiple avi files to DVD VCD SVCD MPEG1/2 at the same instance

Merge/Join function, Support selecting several avi clips from different sources and combine them into one single output.

Online upgrade/help service site.

In full version, added an Update Detector, you can easily know if a new version is available.

Advanced setting feature added, so you can customize your own DVD/VCD/SVCD/MPEG format (Only available in Pro version)

Support "Drag and Drop"

Cool UI skin available

I hope it helps.

If you need some more tools, check here

http://www.bestvideotools.com/dvd-software/

Good luck!