Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what are ethiopians?

are they part black- part indian. i would like to know....

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What's this about Indians in Ethiopia? Maybe in the Indian Embassy in Addis Ababa, but nowhere else. There are 80+ ethnic groups in Ethiopia, but none are Indian. The people of Ethiopia are Semitic and Black. The Black population includes a few remaining Falasha, who are Jewish. The rest of the country is Orthodox Christian and Muslim, roughly evenly split.

• 1 decade ago

Who are ethiopians you mean. They are people, like you and I. Ethiopia is in Africa, eastern part, right next to Somalia. I don't know where you got the idea that ethiopians are part Indians but they are not. They are not related to india in anyway. I have lived in Ethiopia for over 12 years, and heard no such thing.

• 1 decade ago

people from Ethiopia, not from South Africa, but north. As far as having Indian roots, I've never heard of this, but they are lighter skinned.

• 1 decade ago

they are people who come from Ethiopia, yes they are black skinned but they ARE indians

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No race in particular, i mean you can be caucasian/white and be ethopian. an ethopian is someone from ethiopia. duh!

• 1 decade ago

they are from south africa and are africans

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.