champagne dry or extra dry??

I was just wondering. What is the difference in a dry champange and an extra dry champange. I never drank any (even though i am 28 years old) and I want some for tonight. Which one should I try first?? Any suggestion would be greatly appericated!!!!

• MeganM
    Favorite Answer

a dry champagne will be sweeter than an extra dry. A brut champagne is the most dry, so its the least sweet. When you are talking about any wines, dry is the opposite of sweet. So it depends if you want it sweet or not. I personally like dessert wines and like my champagne to be sweeter, so I would go with a dry. But if you don't like sweet wines, go with an extra dry or a brut.

Champagnes are categorized as Extra Brut, Brut, Extra dry, Sec and Demi-secdepending on their sugar levels. An extra brut Champagne will be very dry, while a demi-sec is the sweeter option, with brut (dry), extra dry and sec lying somewhere in the middle with an off-dry to semi-sweet offering.

• EDDie

If you are looking for goot champagne, I would recommend either Veuve Clicquot or Moet et Chandon. Brut (dry) would be best.

Happy New Year!

If you don't know if you'll like it, start with dry. Even a demi-sec if you can find it. It's a little sweeter than extra dry.

if you want a sweet champagne extra dry is for you

but brut taste so much better

happy new year!

dry

• Remember, when you find one you like, it all tastes the same when you barf it up.

Drink slowly..