Tee asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

i have an idea about making my wedding invitations from my microsoft task launcher. would that be too cheap?

i got the words from a sample invitation.

Favorite Answer

How could invitations, that you put the effort into, to make yourself ever be considered cheap. I would consider them very precious indeed.

• Jenny

Comparing a down payment for a house and the cost of wedding invitations is a bit extreme. The cost for custom printed invitations is on average only about $20 more than the cost for do-it-yourself -- especially after you take into consideration the cost of specialty paper, the cost of ink, the cost of custom fitted envelopes, the cost of matching accessory pieces, the cost of your time, and the risk of printing error. Sometimes peace of mind is worth the cost.

It depends on how fancy your wedding. I got one like that and thought the wedding was not going to be very formal - so I dressed down. Wow! was I embarrassed! I get my business cards on line - cheap! so I know you could find some invitations on line, if you are going formal.

Anything goes these days, nothing is too cheap, I mean would you rather have money to put down on a new home or nice wedding invitations? HELLO!!!

AD-1

Get Rs.500 Just for FREE signup. It will take Less than one Minute.

Convert Your Spare Time into Money. Just Register Free By clicking this Link http://www.surveyspaysu.com?id=90953 . Make Money By Filling simple surveys. Its All FREE.

No, it may even cost more since the price of ink and paper is not cheap. I'd find out how much a printer would charge first then figure out the ink and the time and then the paper and envelopes. good luck.

• its should be ok if you use a good quality, thick paper and if you need to have them cut once printed, use one of those paper cutter things that give a straight line. my cousin made her invitations herself and they looked terrible. she used regular paper and you could see the jagged lines where she cut them herself with sissors. people were talking about then afterwards so I would just be careful. personally I dont care what others think, but I know some people do so just watch for those things if yo uare one of them.

I think it's acceptable, especially if you order special paper. You might check the arts and crafts sections of stores, stationary items, JoAnn Crafts, art stores. My daughter in law recently was going to do that and elected to use a website and we got great products for $159.

gee, i love your idea since you can then make your invitation truly unique to your fiancee and yourself! you can choose the picture, the fonts, the words of the invitation, etc. just make sure that your invitations will fit into a mailable envelope.

Edit: why don't you also look at MS publisher?

• jen

It doens't matter how you make them or if you order them. Presentation is all that matters. Get a good quality paper and envelopes and make sure evrything is spelled correctly and correct grammer.

Presentation is EVERYTHING! If it's presented in a creative, classy way, they will be perfect!