what is the latest yahoo messenger compatible with windows 98?

i'm asking for a friend with 98 on dialup :(

processor is 400 mhz, they said lots of hard drive, and how do you find ram?. and i guess i should have phrased my question better. what i meant was, my friend has 6.0, with no photoshare, and we want to share photos, what is the latest version of yahoo messenger he could get on windows 98.

Favorite Answer

Yes it's compatible with 98, but....what the real question should be, is how much memory do you have? And what is the speed of your processor? I use a Gateway 2000 G4 266 with 192 MB of RAM. I cannot do Messenger. I download Messenger and it uses up all my memory.

Go to your desktop and right click on "My Computer". Then click on "Properties". It will tell you how much RAM you have. You can also click on the "Performance" tab and it will tell you how much "Free Space" you have.

another question would be, if yahoo messenger 6.0 is best for windows 98. How do you get that program to download?

windows xp

Source(s): nolipgordon@yahoo.com