What do you think we should do with all the troops in Iraq?

What in your opinion is the best solution for the ongoing problems we all face in Iraq?

Favorite Answer

You ask what to do in Iraq. People here in the US complain of our prisons and jails being over crowed. The number of since less shootings and murders. I think they should train the people in jails and prisons with 6 to 12 weeks of boot camp done by the military. They should send our soldiers home and let the ones in jails and prisons go fight the war. This would help the over crowded system, also it may help with illegal immigrants because if a family is here illegally and has a member who gets in trouble they just might chose to go back to their country as to watch that member be forced to war.

We need to reassign our troops currently stationed into Iraq from direct combat to training and advising Iraqi troops. Second, we need to step up our airpower against insurgent strongholds and the safehouses of high value insurgent commanders. Third, we need to begin a gradual withdrawal of all U.S. troops in Iraq no later than 2010.

I was going to simply say bring them home so they can help their wives raise their families. But I like the first idea of putting them on the borders just as well.

LOL. The Snickers bars idea is pretty good, too. Though it's sad, I still laughed. It really does feel that way.

the troops are there because they were ordered to be there, and many of them are not there by choice. Either way,we should give them all the support we can. with all the fighting going on, I someties wonder if the Iraquis WANT democracy.

As the mother of a soldier my simplistic but heartfelt answer is bring them home to guard our country but I know that things are more complicated than they seem.

Replace then with our criminals, drug dealers, low lifes.welfare bums and politicians.

We have so many useless americans...that would make good cannon fodder for the insurgency...why waste good professional soldiers?

I can dream can't I...LOL Our soldiers need to be on OUR borders...strange concept..I know!

Send them snickers bars. They arent going anywhere.

Destroy the power structure in Iran...

Put 'em on our borders.

I don't know. What I do know is we should pray for them and their families.