Holly i asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Why am i finding it really painful to insert a Tampon ? Is there something wrong ?

Sometimes when i put in a Tampon - it really hurts, and i can't get it in properly ? Why ?

I spent 20mins, trying to insert one today.!! Couldn't do it, hurt so much.

What's wong with me ?

Favorite Answer

Was it toward the end of your period (like the last day or 2?). If so, your cervix could swell a little toward the end, making it very difficult and often painful to insert a tampon. I know...I have this happen regularly. If I have problems, I try using a different position (if you sit, stand or squat) and tilt the applicator more toward the tailbone.

Worst case, when this happens, you may need to switch to a pad for those days.

Good luck.

I can't believe that you spent 20 minutes trying to insert a tampon! 20 minutes? Anyway...............................

If you're having that much trouble, stop trying for a while.

Then the next time you using the bathroom try again. But relax! The longer it takes, the more frustrated you become and your muscles will contract. Relax. That's the key.

Try to picture yourself aiming the tampon at very tail of your backbone... kind of tilted back.

Good Luck.

Use the smallest absorbancy you can find. Relax. If you can't get it in after the first few times, quit trying. You are going to start swelling from trying so much which will only make it more painful and more difficult. If you can't get it in, put on a pad.

try a smaller one, or try the tampax pearl. They are kinda slick. If you 're afraid, you're gonna contract your vaginal muscles and push back. Try this angle / while sitting on toilet. You shouldn't be able to feel it once its in far enough. If its so much trouble, just wait and use pads. You will eventually get tired of the messiness of pads and try again. Good luck!!!

To some women its is just painful. There are some women that can not wear them they are not for everyone. You should look into the cups. They have cups not that are a little more comfortable. They can be a little messy but if you want to do normal activities they really help. there is one brand that I used they are called Insteads. They also have a website look them up.

Try using the pads. Much easier and much less chance of getting Toxic Shock Syndrome.

try to use ones with plastic applicators... these are much easier to insert than cardboard applicators or no applicator...

also, be sure you are pushing it in all the way!

your hymen may not be stretched out enough to allow a tampon to pass through. try playtex slimfit tampons.

if you feel comfortable talking to your mom about it, do so.

What absorbancy are you using? Also, you can try propping up one foot on something for a different angle. If it's in properly it won't hurt.

remember to relax. I was the same way when i started.. Also it has to go up in a slight angle, and once you got it in, you it is causing you discomfort then you did it wrong!! You shouldn't even be able to feel it once it is in... try bending your knees ot putting one leg up on something.. good luck

ok, sis, it's not just you. I cant stand those things! I tried, and I couldn't do it. There's directions on the box, (not that really help that much) but you can visit this site, its supposed to help with this kinda stuff.

www.beinggirl.com

Good luck