Where's Mount Everest?

I made a bet with my mother. She says Mt. Everest is on the border of NY, I say she's nuts! Can anyone tell me if it's near NY, where it is, and if you want my Best Answer choice can you pop me up a map with Everest pointed out and NY as well? Thanks tons!

Favorite Answer

Mount everest is in Nepal...

I'm assuming that NY is referring to the state of New York, in which case your mother doesn't have the right continent, let alone the country.

OK, there is a place called Mount Everest in Ohio, just across the border from Williamstown, West Virginia. However if you're talking about the rather more famous mountain, then that is on the northern border of Nepal, to the north of India.

Source(s): Go to http://maps.google.com/ and enter "mount everest" as a search phrase.

Mount Everest is in the Himalayan Range in Nepal. To find this mount in :

1) Take a Physical map,

2) Find the continent of Asia,

3) Go south towards India, You will find The Himalayan Range,

4) Track down Mt. Everest & it is situated in Nepal.

Source(s): Studied in Indian Geography in Indian School, Though I am from Bangladesh.

Mount Everest, also known as Sagamartha or Chomolungma is the highest point on Earth. It's part of the Himalaya Mountain Range and is located on the border between Nepal and Tibet. It's a dangerous mountain to climb, but as the end of the 2004 climbing season, 2238 people have made it to the top, and 186 have died in the attempt.

Source(s): Wikipedia :)

Mount Everest named after British Surveyer General of India Mr.Everest--formerly known as mount "Kailash"is in NEPAL-Somayaji

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Where's Mount Everest?

Source(s): 39 mount everest: https://tr.im/EnJNB

Hey! c'mon Mt. Everest is in Nepal not NY, it's in de outskirts of Nepal a country towards the north of India!!!

The world's highest mountain at 29, 028 feet, Mt. Everest is located in the Himalayan mountain range and is on the border of India, Nepal and Tibet. It's pretty cool, supposedly you can see into all three countries when you're on the top.

Mt. Everest is about as far from New York as it could possibly be.

majority of mount everest is in India