Does tomato juice spoil after opening?

I opened a bottle of tomato juice three weeks ago and then put it in the fridge. Is it still drinkable?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't trust it. If it is a fruit/vegetable juice it will rot same as the fruit/vegetable itself. It is why a lot of juice drinks contain very little actual juice in them, short shelf life.

• 1 decade ago

I wouldn't trust it. A new bottle of tomato juice is a lot cheaper than a trip to the hospital with food poisoning.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

After being opened 3 weeks it'll be totally ****ed, once opened most liquids like juices & milk are only good for about 3 - 7days at most.

Source(s): My family has a history in the grocery trade stretching back to at least pre-1900, my Dad for over-45yrs..... so we're bound to have picked up knowledge on things like this over that time.
  • Maggie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes I do it all the time and it is fine as long as it isn't a can of tomato juice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tomato Juice is like any type of perishable - it will spoil. Personally, I would toss it rather than risk illness.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no like most organic drinks if it has no expiration date I use the 7 day rule.

• 1 decade ago

no 7 days would be the longest I would consider

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its drinkable but i advise you not to.

• 1 decade ago

if it had a cover on it yea but actually you shouldnt keep it that long

Source(s): my grandmother
  • 1 decade ago

yeah it can if you don't refrigerate and leave it out to rot

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.