Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Could someone send me some tips about Rio? specially Brazilians.?

Favorite Answer

Good things about Rio - The sugar loaf, the statue of Christ, the beautiful beaches, the botanical park, museums, beautiful women,carnival- the biggest parade on earth, friendly people a lot of places to dance and eat and to have fun.

Bad things about Rio - Violence, prostitutes, everything very expensive, some people can try to take advantage of you. You can get mugged. I am a Brazilian and I got mugged on Rio one time. Well it was my own stupidity anyway. Do not walk on the Beach two in the morning with your most expensive watch. Like anywhere, use common sense. Do not carry to much money with with you. Leave your jewelry at home. Do not carry documents, or too many credit cards with you. If you need help ask the people on you hotel. watch the videos about Rio. it will give you an idea of what to expect.

The first e only tip is: FORGET RIO.....

Why not travel to Rio Grande do Norte, Cearé, Fernando de Noronha, João Pessoa, Amazonas, Santa Catarina??? Why Rio? To see violence? Brazil is wonderful, but keep distance from Rio and São Paulo....(for tourism)